Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome to Menken's World

Although I have created a blog in the past, I haven't taken the time to fully benefit from all the wonderful learning opportunities blogging has to offer me. I would like to welcome you to the official beginnings of my new blogging adventure! Through this blog, I hope you are able to gain a better understanding of what happens in my writing classroom through the information I post and the thoughts, ideas, and experiences of my students. As each unit is presented in my classroom, I will be sure to update you on what I am doing to teach my students and what they are doing to apply their new knowledge.

Writing is an area that I feel has become a lost art. With all the advancements in social networking, some are forgetting about the joys and creative opportunities writing has to offer. I hope that not only my students take full advantage of the information in this blog but other readers who happen to stumble across it find it just as meaningful and purposeful and can apply some of the information and strategies in their own instruction.

Best wishes and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment